Skyrim’s update 1.5 is now available on Xbox LIVE and Bethesda anticipates it will be available on PlayStation 3 later this afternoon. Below is the list of new features update 1.5 adds to the game. To see the full list, head over to Bethesda.
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
“We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support of the game. This week Todd informed me that the average Skyrim play time (across all three platforms) is 85 hours, and 30% of you have played more than 100 hours of the game. These are truly astounding numbers!”
“In the comings weeks and months, we’ll have some exciting news to share on the game. Stay tuned.”